Yamato 2199 1/1000 – Completed

 

And it’s done. Not the best kit from Bandai but it’s still a very high quality one and no fault at all on the looks. The only really big flaw is the fit on the tower as you can easily see with the big gap. Had I tested it before painting and final assembly it would have been an easy fix. besides that for anyone thinking on building one, I recommend that you assemble the whole hull as well as the decks, because when you snap those in place you need to apply quite a bit of pressure that can damage the work on the seems.

The colours I used :

Lower hull: eye balled mix of Mr Color Red (several tones), dark yellow and a dash of black.

Upper hull: eye balled mix of Mr Color  Neutral Grey, Intermediate  Blue and a dash of red and black.

Observation decks, windows and whatnot: Vallejo Model Air Chrome with Vallejo Model Color Transparent Green on top.

To finish it up I applied some washes with a couple of AK Interactive products.

Tell me what you think 🙂

20130630_Yamato 2199_0001 20130630_Yamato 2199_0002 20130630_Yamato 2199_0003 20130630_Yamato 2199_0004 20130630_Yamato 2199_0005 20130630_Yamato 2199_0006 20130630_Yamato 2199_0007 20130630_Yamato 2199_0008

Advertisements

Academy 1/35 M113, Portuguese BiMec APC WIP #2

20130211_M113 Tuga_0001

And after a bit more work on this kit representing the BiMec 403 car, I got it to look a bit like the real deal.

20130211_M113 Tuga_0002

After painting the base colour with ZModels Olive green I added the markings. Some of the decals didn’t turn out that good, with some silvering here and there. I am not completely pissed with it because the real car actually shows some as well, it seems some of the markings are stickers. Still I’ll have to cut some more of the transparent film next time.

20130211_M113 Tuga_0003

For the optics I painted the infra-red ones with Tamiya gloss black and used AK 2.3 mm optics for the others. It’s a simple addition but it really gives a nice look.

20130211_M113 Tuga_0004

With the markings in place time for some Tamiya flat clear to cut some of the shine. After drying I gave it a good wash of burnt umber. It’s somewhat discreet but you can see some dirt where the wash accumulated. I kinda like the effect.

20130211_M113 Tuga_0005

Time now to paint some more bits and bobs like the stop light and the tracks in the front as well as the periscopes. At my eyes at the time they looked fine but seeing the pictures I noticed that I definitely should have made a better work out of them.

20130211_M113 Tuga_0006

Previously I had also added some photo-etch to the engine grills on top. Again it is a simple addition that gives an instant boost to the looks of the model.

20130211_M113 Tuga_0007

With most of the painting done it was now a matter of adding a couple more touches by drilling the machine gun nozzle and making an antennae with stretched sprue.

20130211_M113 Tuga_0008

 

It’s almost done. I plan on adding just a touch more wear with some more oils and pigments as well as making a small terrain.

Thank you for watching.