MG 1/100 MSN-001A1 Delta Plus

All done, and I’m pretty happy with the results.

Continue reading


MSN-001A1 Delta Plus MG WIP #4

With the end firmly in sight the works continues.
Added some decals from Samuel Decal.

Can’t say I’m overly impressed. They smudge all the minor details so none of the text is readable. The film if pretty thin so they don’t look like ugly stickers at least.

I really like the design of the head.

The colar area with the two shades of chrome, though the effect is not a noticeable on this picture as it is live

Get me some legs ;D You can see a bit of the eyes here. They are made in an unusual way having the out side portion smooth and the eyes them selves carved in the inside of the clear piece. I put a reflective tape behind painted the borders of the eyes black in the inside and the outside was airbrushed clear blue.

The feet have almost as many parts as a leg but most of their detail gets hidden.

And now the whole body still without its wings or equipment.

And with everything laid out.

The decals that went on the shield are much better than the other ones. Basically bigger shapes look great while the small warning signs look like crap.

Anyway, all that’s left is to finish the gun and apply some clear in a couple of areas. Will be finished by the weekend as planned.

MSN-001A1 Delta Plus MG WIP #3

I have never painted so much in a single weekend, but the Delta Plus’s armour is almost finished.

I started with gloss black as a primer, which went on quite nicely. On top of this applied Alclad Chrome, doing it a bit lighter in some sections to create different tones.

To protect everything sprayed Alclad Aqua Gloss which did mute a little bit of the Chrome’s shine, but on the positive side in made everything more homogeneous, making small imperfections disappear.

And finally when the clear was cured, I sprayed Alclad Transparent Blue in some parts. It’s pretty amazing the amount of paint needed to get the correct tone. For the Chrome I spent about 1/4 to 1/5 of the bottle for all the pieces, but for the few blue ones I needed almost half the bottle.

Next will be finishing the gun and top coating the blue pieces. Should be finished in a day or two.

MSN-001A1 Delta Plus MG WIP #2

And the Delta Plus saga continues, so far without any incident, let’s see if I can keep this up until the end. Since I’ve been occupied with other stuff, much of the process is, unfortunately, not documented.

The progress has not been bad though. All the parts have been cut test fitted and a good deal of them cleaned. I started by the inner frame which is painted using alclads over a custom mix of surfacer and black Mr Color.

The notable thing about this guy inner frame is that they designed the joints with just enough clearance for a thin layer of paint, and as such moving the elbows and knees does absolutely no damage to the paint. Tough it would not be necessary for the inner frame I feared that I would need to do quite a bit of sanding in the armour in order to avoid scrapping the paint in the joints, but it seems that it shouldn’t be necessary. That said I’ll still sand the armour a bit as precaution.

Next steps are cleaning the remaining pieces of armour, primer, paint the black base and then the fun part. Hope all goes well, or else I’ll no be able to finish this guy in time 🙂