And after a bit more work on this kit representing the BiMec 403 car, I got it to look a bit like the real deal.
After painting the base colour with ZModels Olive green I added the markings. Some of the decals didn’t turn out that good, with some silvering here and there. I am not completely pissed with it because the real car actually shows some as well, it seems some of the markings are stickers. Still I’ll have to cut some more of the transparent film next time.
For the optics I painted the infra-red ones with Tamiya gloss black and used AK 2.3 mm optics for the others. It’s a simple addition but it really gives a nice look.
With the markings in place time for some Tamiya flat clear to cut some of the shine. After drying I gave it a good wash of burnt umber. It’s somewhat discreet but you can see some dirt where the wash accumulated. I kinda like the effect.
Time now to paint some more bits and bobs like the stop light and the tracks in the front as well as the periscopes. At my eyes at the time they looked fine but seeing the pictures I noticed that I definitely should have made a better work out of them.
Previously I had also added some photo-etch to the engine grills on top. Again it is a simple addition that gives an instant boost to the looks of the model.
With most of the painting done it was now a matter of adding a couple more touches by drilling the machine gun nozzle and making an antennae with stretched sprue.
It’s almost done. I plan on adding just a touch more wear with some more oils and pigments as well as making a small terrain.
Thank you for watching.