I have never painted so much in a single weekend, but the Delta Plus’s armour is almost finished.
I started with gloss black as a primer, which went on quite nicely. On top of this applied Alclad Chrome, doing it a bit lighter in some sections to create different tones.
To protect everything sprayed Alclad Aqua Gloss which did mute a little bit of the Chrome’s shine, but on the positive side in made everything more homogeneous, making small imperfections disappear.
And finally when the clear was cured, I sprayed Alclad Transparent Blue in some parts. It’s pretty amazing the amount of paint needed to get the correct tone. For the Chrome I spent about 1/4 to 1/5 of the bottle for all the pieces, but for the few blue ones I needed almost half the bottle.
Next will be finishing the gun and top coating the blue pieces. Should be finished in a day or two.