I’m not sure how I feel about the latest progress with this kit. Though I tried new things and was moderately successful, I had some serious setbacks, not in the work itself but with my tools and materials.
But first things first. With the primer dry and cured, some free time and relatively good weather I proceeded to paint the Blitz. I will paint this kit with black, white, yellow, steel, purple and red, in this order. It was pretty easy to decide the order, the black is the main color over most of the kit as well the choice I made for pre-shading, so only a handful of parts wouldn’t be touched, of these the only one color that could be painted independent of the black were the white darts. The next two the yellow and steel, where chosen because I had no need to redo any masking, whereas the red and purple will need quite a bit of masking over the black, so this where chosen for last.